“Glen Reigh” station was settled in 1858 as a sheep and cattle run, but it was the discovery of gold in 1881in the nearby Tallawudjah Creek which brought enough people to the area to have Glenreagh gazetted as a village in 1883. Rural settlers moved in after the miners left and the dairying industry was the major industry. A museum built on to the historic School of Arts features relics of the goldmining days, the timber industry and other historic items.
Today the town has a range of services including a hotel, service station, public swimming pool, tennis courts and a riverside park.
- Population – 276
- Transport Services – Bus
- Council – Pristine Waters Shire
- Christmas Art and Craft Fair – November